The Rhythm Of Rhyme

One two,
One two, mic check,
(coughs)
I introduce the beat to my ears, swear it sounds so sweet,
I check my microphone, while I tap my feet to the beat,
I then greet, those who understand the lyrics of the street,
"Salaam World, please go ahead and take a seat,"
I put my head down, and I get ready to be discreet,
I beg you with my eyes, to open your earlobe, and listen
Cause my words are borrowed from those who don't glisten,
...the poor and the unfortunate, and I swear I feel sickened,
So I rhyme from the heart, to make you feel what I'm spitting,
and my spit is heavy, it might feel like the rainy season,
I'm tired of asking for a reason, so I bare their treasons,
I don't bother speaking --I carry signs of words with me,
I figured they read more then they listen to my apathy,
I swear I sense the agony, those held in political detainee,
I replay the verses of Bob Marley in my head, and I feel it innerly,
I want to fight for the their rights, but I'm too angry,
and mom said, coldest fight is being friendly to your enemy,
So I share a laughter or two, while I deceit them happily,
Pregnant with worries of my countrymen, feeling so heavily,
Unconsciously, I persistently write songs about my country,
So please excuse me, if you can't relate to me ...
To be continued ...

1 comment:

Mo said...

u are incredible