I Ran, Away I Ran

I conceal my true feelings
denying the existence of love, by
burying the sun beneath the clouds,
And the moon from lighting my soul,
I run
Run
Away, I run
To a place I can heal,
Patch up the wound, caused by your smile,
Cure my heart, from the words not spoken,
Your face, converted into a day dream,
Only dreamt at night. Sleepless I am,
I bang my head on the wall, aching to escape,
Escape from the echoes of your "Hi's" and "Goodbyes"
And the words that haven't been formed yet,
Seventy-two hours, and twenty four minutes ago,
Alone we sat. Stood. Stared, in Silence,
While we hummed melodies made from amity,
Trying to ferret out of this taciturnity,
As your eyes gleamed,
My lips suffocate the words,
Speechless, yet full of lyrics to sing,
*Whistles of an unknown tune*
I ran
Ran,
Away I ran,
To a place of remorse,
Where the roads never end,
And love is far behind,
I ran with embryonic thoughts,
Fragments of your reflection,
On the day of our greeting,
Your beauty, your being
Bouncing in my brain,
I have believed once, that I can deny
To rebuff feelings that is far in distance,
But truth has arrived, alone,
Sitting still, sadly on a Sunday noon,
I sat, an spat my plea,
With my eyes closed,
I ran, away I ran. Free

No comments: