Free Somalia

I speak freely, but my words are kept concealed,
I can see clearly, but my vision is left unrevealed,
I speak with my mothers tongue, but hatred is all I hear,
I fight with my fathers’ heart, but pain and death is my fear,
I think with a mind so sharp, but anger has me confused,
I believed in freedom, but my freedom has been excused,
I write words of art, but art died in the hands of Cilmi Bodhari, (legendary)
Now I’m left with nothing, and nothing is in this poetry,
Can I really be expecting to see, my country so peacefully?
Without the numbers of death increasing in the books of history?
Can we really establish a government that’s beyond average?
Without the need to kill our own, and increase the damage,
How can I ever raise the flag with a smile on my face?
How can I ever touch this flag and try my best to embrace
…when people have died and shed blood, for one place?
How can we replace the hatred that left us in disgrace?
Could we ever erase, what left us in pain? (Tribes)
…which left us with nothing but shame?
How can we ever explain to the humane?
…that the reasons why we fought were due to tribal names,
How could we disclaim-each other, when we’re all the same?
How could we kill one another, when Islam is in the frame?
Can we maintain a unity and fight our own enemy, with the need to fall?
Can we sustain to protect our country, with the power of One for All?
Matter fact, I need to free me,
But first I need to free thee,
So we can free each other,
Which will Free Somalia!

2 comments:

fi said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

amazing i was crying the entire time.... inshallah one day we will raise the flag with a smile on our faces.