Dear Friend

I tried to imagine her last tears, as I said goodbye,
I wiped off the tears from her cheek, and said “please don’t cry”
I’m trying to imagine your pain, as you’re reading my goodbye,
We have laughed and cried for joy, as we sat in the crowd,
Had our ups and downs, but remained to keep our friendship avowed,
We even argued at times out loud, but our friendship outstood firmly proud,
Malak al-Maut will have me in his arms, carrying me to the highest cloud,
But I will hold you in my thoughts as I’m being put to death,
Reminiscing our only happy days while exhaling my last breath,
Remember when I said that you were my only soul mate?
I meant every word, and I’m writing you this before it’s too late,
How can I ever forget or even try to forget?
I will conceal all the things you’ve said,
And the promises I’ve kept, will I always remain our secret,
Please laugh when I’m gone, don’t show sign of sadness,
All I ever want you to do is live in happiness, life of full bliss,
I’m shedding tears, as I’m trying my best to write this,
…in my soul, you will always exist,
In my mind and heart, you will always be missed,
No matter what the judgments are, that I will face,
But memories I will never erase,
It’ll be embraced in a special place,
…a space that only Allah can replace,
Keep me proud and keep me in your pray,
I will count on you, if I fall short on the judgment day,
Goodbye for now…For now I can’t stay,
I love you,

Your friend,
Poeticonscious

No comments: