Jealousy Got The Best Of Me ...

A year later you`ve received a call,
From an ex girl-friend, whom now you call a pall
You tell me the story in excitement and I listen uncomplaining,
But feeling uncomfortable with the situation and what you`re saying,
Thinking of the impossible and having this fear,
You ask me babes are you there?
Oxygen fades away and I`m breathless,
Don`t know what to say, and I`m speechless,
Imagination lopes wild like a little child,
She used to cross miles to make you smile,
I say Yes honey I`m still present.
So you continue the tell me the story,
--bout you and her having history, but it really concerns me,
Cause I really don`t believe in having an Ex as a Homie,
I recall the session of us trying to solve the situation,
And having one on one conversation,
If I`m okay with you and your ex having an amity?
You see

Okay I`ll say, but not if she is calling you everyday,
I can`t grasp having nightmares of her taking you away,
Call me psychosomatic for feeling so static,
But it`s chaotic how I predict like a psychic,

Maybe I whisper, if she remains like a sister,
And there is no cross-over and you can`t call her,
And she is not permitted to cross the border and that is an order!

No I mumble, while with the thought I struggle,
Why do you have to bundle if she`s already a couple?
Okay, hmmm give me a minute or two,
What if she is still in love with you?
What am I supposed to do?

Questions got the best of me,
I`ve never felt this jealousy,
But this is a challenge to be against my own sanity!
(So Qalbi bare with me)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I love all your poems! Masha'allah you got true talent :)