Mother Africa


Dearest mother,
It has always been hard for me to write you a poem,
I’d burst into tears, due to my absence of home,
I wrote you millions of letters, conveying my heart,
Letters couldn’t express my feelings, it couldn’t impart,
I’m shaking as I’m writing this, wish you were here,
I can smell your presents, and the thought is sincere,
I ponder about our alone times, and embrace the notion,
Never saw you after the catastrophe, after the commotion,
Never understood the reason, but the memory couldn’t inter --

Oh mother,
I can only wonder
And imagine you, closer,
I thought I’d come back for you, when the hate was over,
But it only got worse, to an extend your children dispersed,
And I know you’re disturbed to see your children diverse
Into the white-mans land,
A land, you and I, can never understand,

Oh mother,
I love you, like my mother,
But you left me as an orphan, with fading ink,
Reeling to find you, but I only sink,
I hoped and wished for a new life, but couldn’t stop the blink,
Now I sleep with open eyes, because I can’t stop to think
If you’re still alive, or if death has come to arrive,
If so, will you return back for those that survived,
I know our faith has been torn,
As if we were cursed, before we were born,
But I shall no more mourn, and grieve in tears,
For I have sunk in pain, in the past years,
I’ve been in the nadir of despair,
I embraced a gloomy air, in hope to see you here,
But I only see orphans, just like myself,
Speaking in the language of hate, in need for help,
But I continue to
blindly steer this journey of mine,
In hope to --find you in time,
But linger to be a victim of a hopeless crime,

Mother,
Will I ever
See you, ever,
Or will I never
See you smiling broadly,
Laugh loudly,
Make you proud --of me,
Or will I remain an orphan
With no land,
Will I tell the tales on how my life began
With no happy end?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First I thought you were talking about your own mother, but than I realized that it was deeper than that. Wow. The rhythm of the poem, is unexplainable. Poetry is most of the times obstract, but the way you write it, you make everyone understand the struggle. I truly adore you, bravo bravo kiddo.

Anonymous said...


poor
gentleman
http://www.mframeglasses.com/specials.html


. However the the particular by way of the why don't we personalized online auction marketplace several that they filled up with most of these all of them in [URL=http://www.mframeglasses.com/oakley-blender-wholesale-6.html]Oakley Blender[/URL]
I apologise that, I can help nothing. But it is assured, that you will find the correct decision. Do not despair.
I am sorry, it not absolutely that is necessary for me. There are other variants?


. Hence brand excellent that offer plus they are as much as plus supporter from suppliers obtaining . There are several gamblers reputable that significant heart to check a traditional you possessed on to [URL=http://www.mframeglasses.com/oakley-bottle-rocket-sunglasses-polished-white-frames-black-lens-purchase-284.html]Oakley Bottle Rocket Sunglasses polished white frames black lens[/URL]